The reason given is due to the influence of the audience from Italy. MotoGP has to announce that they will cancel some MotoGP racing due to Corona virus outbreak. This is not a good news for motor racing fans.
FIM, IRTA and Dorna said they felt sorry to have to make a decision to cancel the MotoGP system, the cause of this decision is that Qatar has implemented a policy of restricting travel for the audience from Italy.
Qatar announced that all passengers arriving in the capital, Doha, on direct flights from Italy or having been in Italy for the past two weeks will be sent a 14-day quarantine.
The current Moto2 and Moto3 systems have not yet been announced, in part because the teams of Moto2 and Moto3 were present at the Losai International racetrack earlier this week to test run. Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup has not been canceled.
The Qatar race is the only MotoGP race during the evening. As planned, the race will officially start this weekend from 6/3 to 8/3. With the cancellation of the race in Qatar, the race at Chang International Stadium (Thailand) will be the first race of this year, taking place on March 20-22. Of course whether the race in Thailand takes place or not is still uncertain.
Not only MotoGP, F1 are afftected too. As planned, the first stage will take place in Australia on 12-15 March, the second stage in Bahrain on 20-22 March and early April is in Hanoi, Vietnam, April 3-5.
On March 11, the World Health Organization (WHO) announced Covid-19 as a global pandemic and said it was extremely worried about both its spread and the alarming severity, both in terms of sexuality. alarming lack of action. As of morning 13/3 in the world there were 134,911 people infected in 127 countries and territories, and a cruise ship (Diamond Princess), including 4,989 deaths.